Saturday, October 27, 2012

The Vietnam War

     

      Many times I've heard people mention the Vietnam War and I simply stood there clueless. I had no interest in knowing about the war, I don't like hearing about wars as a matter of fact  Yet there is something different about this war that sparked my curiosity. That would be why it was fought.

      I have to be honest here, what I know from the war came to me about two days ago and I still consider it  to be nothing. The war was fought in Vietnam in the  mid 1960s and was the first "living Room War" meaning the first war to be televised. if we look back as to those times they had no idea how it was out there, to see more than 50% of underage kids fight against communism. To see them crawl in tunnel complex  or through jungles not knowing if they were coming back. Most of them middle class or lower men since the military didn't have enough men. They were fighting because they believed that if one place turned toward communism the rest would eventually be commies too; this is called domino theory and is what supported there believe to fight. Both sides had risky operations in place that would take in millions of lives. On ef these would be Operation Ranch Hand, which used Agent Orange, a substance that would cause genetic mutation and kill everything it touched. Many lives were lost until finally the U.S. decided to quit and left Ngo Dihn Diem. 

No comments:

Post a Comment