Sunday, October 28, 2012

War Letters

 Dear Mom,

     I love you mom. I love you and everyone back home. I know I should tell you that I love you more often, I should of told Andrea that I loved her more often. War is War you know? People are dying everyday and I barely know who should of been alive. I'm still alive and I pray that I can return home and maybe eat a taco on Wednesday like nothing happened. For now I have to stay here, fighting to stay alive or to win this war. I want you to remember that even if I die, I love you. I love each and every aspect of you and each centimeter that surrounds our home. Just maybe then when I'm home, it'll be a Wednesday and we will eat some tacos like the war is just a memory and I never left.

Love,

Ximena

      If  I were to write a letter to someone, anyone, it would be my mom.She wouldn't want me to go to war for sure, she wouldn't want to lose her baby. I decided to write to this person because besides my sister I believe she would cry everyday knowing that for me there might not be a tomorrow. I wouldn't want to worry her about the war details or moments which might make her tear up. I would want to distract her from all the darkness and try to stay positive.

No comments:

Post a Comment